What is UCMCROPS?
UCMCROPS (or CROPS for short) stands for UC Merced Courses, Research, Organizations, and Projects System. CROPS enables members faculty, staff, and students to communicate, collaborate, and work together within a structured environment. Projects enjoy a central repository for messages, documents, and collaborative tools that encourage interaction and sharing.
There are three types of sites and their associated tools within CROPS:
- course sites: for course management
- project sites: for online collaboration, and
- portfolio sites: for creating, viewing, and evaluating electronic portfolios
How do I access CROPS?
While you can access CROPS through the official UCM portal (http://my.ucmerced.edu), the most direct way is the CROPS gateway (http://ucmcrops.ucmerced.edu). Doing so will allow you to have the maximum real estate to work with.
- Introduction to UCMCROPS
- Setting up your course sites
- Improving course delivery
- Overview of CROPS Assignment Tool
- Going green (paperless course)
- Overview of CROPS
- Setting Preferences and Editing Quicklink Bar
- Resources - Part 1 (Overview and create a folder)
- Resources - Part 2 (Add resources to a folder)
- Resources - Part 3 (How to download files)
- Gradebook - Student View (Checking Grades)
- Assignments (How to submit course assignments)
- For an online Help Guide to using CROPS, please go to https://ucmcrops.ucmerced.edu/xsl-portal/help/main.